Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Finances

Financially, I think I'm doing pretty well, because I was able to purchase my first home and still have money for food each week--but I didn't realize how much it would cost to update my kitchen a little bit. I thought that I would be able to afford a new countertop (mid-priced) and that I would be able to put up a tiled backsplash and then be done with it, but I just got a quote that it's going to cost me over $1200 to get it done. And it's not like only the kitchen needs work--there are updates in the bathroom that need attention, and the whole place needs to be painted. Now I'm considering financing options, but it's tough, because I've always been used to paying upfront and then not worrying about it again. I feel like if I don't have the cash to pay for something, then I shouldn't be buying it. Of course, that all went out the window when I saw the price of homes these days...

No comments: